CBL has the knowledge and experience to assist both franchisors and franchisees in navigating the complex laws, regulations, and agreements that govern the franchise relationship. CBL assists franchisors in:
- structuring their franchise system,
- preparing their franchise disclosure documents and agreements so that they are specifically tailored to their businesses,
- training franchise sales departments,
- avoiding and negotiating franchisee disputes,
- negotiating and preparing vendor and supplier agreements, and
- enforcing their rights in litigation and arbitration.
CBL also assists franchisees in:
- evaluating franchise agreements,
- negotiating with the franchisor, and
- enforcing their rights.
Sometimes a franchise program is not the most effective structure for business expansion, and a license or distributorship model is better suited. CBL is experienced in assisting clients with these alternative distribution models and can help clients avoid the legal pitfalls which might result from a license/distributorship later being found to be an “accidental franchise.”
Please contact CBL if you need assistance with a franchise, licensing, distributorship or other business expansion issue.