Mary M. Clapp is an experienced attorney providing clients with the legal resources for growth and expansion, with a focus on franchise, licensing, and distribution law. Ms. Clapp is the managing member of Clapp Business Law, LLC and previously served as General Counsel and Executive Vice President to an international franchisor of family entertainment centers.
Ms. Clapp provides affordable flat fee services to both Franchisors and Franchisees, and takes the time to understand her clients’ businesses, providing custom-tailored solutions after ensuring that her clients have a thorough understanding of the issues and options for accomplishing their goals. She is able to expertly guide her clients through the myriad of numerous, complex laws, regulations and guidelines governing their businesses. She often provides periodic training sessions and on-demand individual advice to executives, managers, and staff of her business clients and offers flat fee general counsel services to make this ongoing support affordable.
Ms. Clapp works with clients from coast to coast, through CBL’s web conferencing capabilities and practices in two offices: Sarasota, FL and Springfield, MO, making in-person meetings convenient. Ms. Clapp is pleased to represent her clients in accomplishing their business goals and in addressing a variety of legal issues that arise in business. She takes great pride in the brands she supports and loves to watch the growth and success of her clients.
Ms. Clapp is committed to providing effective legal representation and to diligent work on behalf of her clients. Her diligence is demonstrated by her accomplishments from the moment she entered the legal profession. She graduated first in her class, summa cum laude, with a certificate of concentration in advocacy from Stetson University College of Law, a school frequently ranked number one in trial advocacy by U.S. News and World Report.
While in law school, she was selected for two prestigious internships, one with a Federal District Court Judge, the Honorable Susan C. Bucklew, and the other with a Florida Appellate Court Judge, the Honorable Daryl C. Casanueva, was an award-winning advocate in three national moot court competitions, and served as Chief Justice of the Stetson Moot Court Board.
Ms. Clapp enjoys public speaking and has given the following lectures, training and seminars:
- Franchising Basics, 2017 Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Franchise Compliance Training, Variety of Franchisor clients
- Labor and Employment Manager Compliance Training, Variety of clients
- Construction Law, 2005-2009 Stetson University College of Law, Guest Lecturer
- Construction Lien Law, 2014, 2007-2008 Lorman Education Services
- Resolving Problems and Disputes on Construction Projects, 2007 National Business Institute
- Construction Insurance, Bonding & Liens in Florida, 2007 Lorman Education Services
- The Fundamentals of Construction Contracts in Florida, 2006-2008 Lorman Education Services
- Construction Delay Claims in Florida, 2006 Lorman Education Services
- Everything a Construction Player Should Know about Insurance, 2008 Lorman Education Services
In her free time, Ms. Clapp enjoys working in her fruit orchard and spending time with her family.« Back to Attorneys Page