Mary M. Clapp provides high quality legal representation to businesses, with a focus on serving as outside General Counsel for small to medium sized franchisors. She is pleased to represent her clients in accomplishing their business goals and in addressing a variety of legal issues that arise in business. She focuses her practice on:
- Franchise law
- General business representation
- Commercial leases
- Employment law
- Trademark law
Ms. Clapp is admitted to practice in the states of Florida and Missouri and before the Middle District of Florida, the Western District of Missouri, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Before founding Clapp Business Law, LLC, Ms. Clapp served as General Counsel for Incredible Pizza Franchise Group, LLC, an international franchisor of 50′s themed family entertainment centers. As General Counsel, she was able to expertly assist her client in navigating the numerous complex laws, regulations and guidelines which govern its business by revising Incredible Pizza’s internal policies and systems and by providing periodic training sessions and on-demand individual advice to executives, managers and staff. She also had primary responsibility for negotiating and preparing strategic contracts including franchise agreements and area development agreements in the United States and the United Mexican States, vendor and supplier agreements, long term commercial leases, and non-disclosure and non-competition agreements. In addition, she handled all of Incredible Pizza’s litigation, including franchise litigation and trademark litigation.
Ms. Clapp is committed to providing effective legal representation and to diligent work on behalf of her clients. Her diligence is demonstrated by her accomplishments from the moment she entered the legal profession. She graduated first in her class, summa cum laude, with a certificate of concentration in advocacy from Stetson University College of Law, a school frequently ranked number one in trial advocacy by U.S. News and World Report. While in law school, she was selected for two prestigious internships, one with a Federal District Court Judge, the Honorable Susan C. Bucklew, and the other with a Florida Appellate Court Judge, the Honorable Daryl C. Casanueva, was an award winning advocate in three national moot court competitions, and served as Chief Justice of the Stetson Moot Court Board.
Ms. Clapp enjoys public speaking and has given the following lectures, training and seminars:
- Franchise Compliance Training, Variety of Franchisor clients
- Labor and Employment Manager Compliance Training, Variety of clients
- Construction Law, 2005-2009 Stetson University College of Law, Guest Lecturer
- Construction Lien Law, 2014, 2007-2008 Lorman Education Services
- Resolving Problems and Disputes on Construction Projects, 2007 National Business Institute
- Construction Insurance, Bonding & Liens in Florida, 2007 Lorman Education Services
- The Fundamentals of Construction Contracts in Florida, 2006-2008 Lorman Education Services
- Construction Delay Claims in Florida, 2006 Lorman Education Services
- Everything a Construction Player Should Know about Insurance, 2008 Lorman Education Services
Ms. Clapp believes that each person has a responsibility to assist in her community and she is proud to be a former member of the Board of Directors and to be a regular volunteer with Junior Achievement, helping teach the next generation about entrepreneurship and inspire them to become the next business leaders.
In her free time, Ms. Clapp enjoys learning about natural health, working on her farm and fruit orchard and spending time with her husband, two sons, and two German Shorthaired Pointers.